Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the old man and the sea

well, Hemingway summed it up for me. "I went out too far." "You can destroy a man but you can not defeat him." Fuck yeah. People feel the need to share in their experiences which is granted--honestly how can something exist without the approval of acknowledgment of someone else--but we must atone for our own accomplishments and be comfortable with our own struggles. In a lot of ways relationships are bad. They dilute and discourage the strength one should have with himself. I continue to feel the need to share my accomplishments with others--hence the blog--but as I sink deeper into reclusiveness I start to feel comfortable with the solace. I will overcome, even if all I carry at my sides are the skeletons of my accomplishments.

No comments: